Assistant Dean - Academic
University Center, Room 269B
Regina McCarthy joined UNH Manchester as the Director of Academic Counseling in 1985, the year UNH Manchester became a college of the University of New Hampshire. Prior to joining UNH Manchester she worked at Northeastern University as a Cooperative Education Counselor and then in the Dean’s Office for the College of Business Administration, Undergraduate Programs Office.
After more than 25 years at UNH Manchester, she continues to delight in learning something new every day from students and her colleagues and in being part of an experience that can be life altering for students—an education at UNH Manchester. In her role as Assistant Dean of Academic Student Services, McCarthy is committed to student support, enrichment, and transition and helping students find their purpose and their passion.
McCarthy was the recipient of the PAT Presidential Award of Excellence. The annual award is presented to staff members in recognition of outstanding performance and distinguished service to the University of New Hampshire. She also has received The UNH Professional Advising Award which “recognizes a professional advising staff member for excellence across the spectrum of academic advising including, their demonstration of genuine concern and respect for students; professional and ethical standards; mastery of advising principles; engagement in activities that enhance and support academic advising at UNH; and overall enthusiasm.” She was the first recipient of the UNH Manchester award for outstanding service to students. She oversees a number of academic and support areas of the college and has taught Introduction to College Composition and Reading.
- Learning Assistance Association of New England, President
- College Reading & Learning Association, Member
- National Association for Developmental Education
- Outstanding Contribution to the Field of College Reading and Learning, College Reading & Learning Association, Northeast Chapter, 2014
- Social Justice Award, University of New Hampshire, 2013
- PAT Presidential Award of Excellence, UNH, 2004
- Professional Advising Award, UNH, 1999
- M.Ed. Northeastern University
- B.S. Northeastern University, with highest honors