Program assistants will work at a Manchester School District 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) elementary or middle school site and assist the coordinator in the operation of a high-quality, afterschool program.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following examples:
- Monitoring snack time and distributing snacks.
- Overseeing students moving to assigned classes.
- Assisting certified teachers in providing homework help to students.
- Assisting professional staff in the delivery of a variety of enrichment activities.
Program assistants will also be encouraged to design and lead enrichment activities. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in an educational setting by working with students and building relationships with school staff.
- Enjoy working with students.
- Be reliable, creative, and energetic.
- Successfully complete and pass a criminal background check and finger printing.
- Commit to a minimum of two sessions (16-18 weeks), or preferably to a full year.
- Be available to work a full program day from 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. for at least two days per school week.
- Provide your own transportation to and from the work site.
- Prior experience working and providing oversight for students in an academic or recreational setting is preferred but not required. This can include experience as a camp counselor.