New Hampshire Resident Tuition Eligibility

Resident and nonresident designations for tuition billing purposes at UNH Manchester are made at the time of admission. This decision is based upon your application and any other relevant information.

To claim New Hampshire residency, you must complete a notarized residency statement attesting to the fact that you (or your parents, if applicable) have been continuous legal residents in New Hampshire for a period of at least twelve months prior to registering for the term for which your in-state claim is made. If you are admitted from a state other than New Hampshire or from a foreign country, you are considered nonresident throughout your University attendance unless you have acquired bonafide residence in New Hampshire. The burden of proof in all cases is on the applicant. The University reserves the right to make the final decision concerning resident status for tuition purposes. A complete copy of rules governing tuition rates may be obtained from the Office of Admissions.

The residency statement is located on the Admissions Forms page

Find out about the New England Regional Student Program (NERSP) of the New England Board of Higher Education.