Leave it as you found it
Plan ahead and prepare
- Whenever possible plan to eat your meals before you come to the library.
- If you do carry in drinks, bring them in covered, spill-proof containers or capped bottles.
Dispose of waste properly
- Make sure you place recyclables in recycling bins and non-recyclable garbage in trash cans designated for those purposes.
Be considerate of others ... Leave it as you found it
- Respect the next library user; leave library technology resources, furnishings, and equipment as you found them.
Food is permitted in the Library. The delivery of food for library patrons is prohibited.
Drinks with lids are allowed in all areas of the library. Appropriate containers include (but are not limited to) the following examples: coffee cups with lids, bottled water or soda, and travel mugs.
The Library reserves the right to ask anyone eating food which is allowed, but about which Library staff have received complaints, to stop eating and put/throw their food away. Anyone refusing to put/throw away their food will be asked to leave the Library.
- Carry out any non-disposable dishes you bring to the Library.
- Report accidental spills to the staff as soon as possible.
- Deposit all recyclable food and drink packaging in the recycling bins located throughout the Library.
- If you must dispose of beverages, pour liquids into the bathroom sink or water fountain before recycling or disposing of the containers.
- Place food and drink garbage in trashcans carefully to avoid splattering.