The UNH Manchester Learning Commons laptops are available for use by current faculty, staff and students. Laptops can be checked out at the Help Desk upon the presentation of a valid UNH Manchester ID*. Students are financially responsible for loss, theft or damage to the laptop or any or its components or accessories.
The laptops have limited programs available for use, e.g. Microsoft Office, as well as Internet Explorer and Firefox. Students may access the University's wireless network with learning commons laptops.
Only currently enrolled students, faculty and staff with a UNH ID will be allowed to checkout a laptop. Students must be in good standing with the UNHM Library. To remain in good standing students must not exceed $20 in fines or have a hold on their account for other infractions and must have previously returned borrowed laptops in good condition.
Duration of Availability
Laptops may be used for up to 4 hours and may be renewed. Laptops must be returned 1 hour before closing.
Overdue fines are $5 per hour. Partial hours will be billed at the full hourly overdue rate. Overdue fines are non-refundable. If a student does not return a laptop it will be considered lost at closing time and a full replacement charge (current market value) plus a non-refundable $75 billing fee will be applied to the patron's account. If the laptop is returned in good condition, the replacement charge is credited to the patron's account. The fines and billing fee will not be forgiven.
- Patron must present a UNH Manchester photo ID
- Patrons may check out one laptop at a time
- Laptops are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, they cannot be reserved ahead of time
- Patrons need to save data to their personal disks or email account, all files saved on the hard drive will be cleared automatically at shut-down
- Laptops must be returned by the same patron that checked out the laptop
- Learning Commons staff members are not responsible for teaching patrons how to use hardware or software packages
- Patrons assume full responsibility for any damages, theft or loss while in possession of the library laptop
- Patrons must abide by the University's Acceptable Use Policy: http://www.unh.edu/cis/aup.html