The UNH STEM Discovery Lab was created in response to the growing need for STEM educated graduates. The STEM Discovery Lab is a challenging, hands-on learning community where K-12 students and their teachers engage in the authentic integration of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) and language arts through a research-based curriculum.
Cultivating passion and improving attitudes towards STEM disciplines at an early age is essential to increasing the STEM pipeline in New Hampshire. The overarching goal of the STEM Discovery Lab is to increase the number of Manchester students who participate in hands-on STEM programs and activities. Ultimately, we hope to increase the number of high school graduates interested in pursuing careers in the STEM fields.
Community partners include the Manchester School District, United Way, Mill Falls Charter School, and other community organizations.
Come and explore the exciting programs we have to offer!
Check out this video of the UNH STEM Discovery Lab being featured in the Governor's Welcome: New Hampshire Story of Transformation video.
The STEM Discovery Lab is located on the campus of UNH Manchester, in the historic Pandora Mill at 88 Commercial Street.
- STEM Discovery Lab Celebrates First Class of Design Make Code Program
- UNH Manchester Hosts Aspirations in Computing Award Ceremony
- Middle School Students Program Robots at UNH Manchester STEM Lab
- Biology Senior Gets to SEE What's Possible Through Internship
- UNH STEM Discovery Lab Leads the Way in using Play to Teach, Introducing Engineering Concepts in Kindergarten
- Future Baseball Players Learn Programming at UNH Manchester