- Donna, Peer Science & Math Tutor
Working as a tutor for the Center for Academic Enrichment is a great option for many talented UNH Manchester students. As a tutor, you:
- Meet and help your fellow UNH Manchester students
- Earn competitive hourly pay that rises with increased levels of training and certification
- Build your resume for work in any field
- Receive nationally recognized College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) training
- Improve your own academic skills
- Receive close mentoring and build a network with CAE professional staff and tutors
Do I Qualify?
To work as a tutor, you must do the following:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Earn a B+ or above in all courses you plan to tutor
- Be willing and able to enroll in the course UMST 521, Tutor Development for 2 or 4 credits
- Commit a minimum of five hours a week to tutoring
- Complete the Tutor Application
- Interview with the CAE Professional staff
- Receive a recommendation from a UNH Manchester faculty member
Math tutors must have fulfilled the Quantitative Reasoning requirement.
Writing tutors must have completed Freshman English.
Biology and Chemistry tutors must have taken the course they would like to tutor at UNH Manchester.
How do I Apply?
The CAE usually starts new groups of tutors at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters. We accept applications for each of these cohorts on a rolling basis. To apply, please
- Complete and email or mail back the Tutor Application.
- Ask a UNH Manchester faculty member member who is familiar with your skills and the content area to recommend you; they can do so by contacting the CAE
- If you are applying to tutor writing, submit a 5-10 page writing sample to the Administrative Assistant, Emilea Raymond. The sample should be an email attachment of an analytical essay or research paper you have already written for a class. Ideally, the paper will demonstrate your ability to use and cite outside sources in MLA or APA format. Please include with the paper submission a short paragraph that briefly describes the original assignment.
What Happens Next?
- Once we have received and reviewed your application, we will contact you to schedule an interview.
- Questions? Feel free to contact the CAE at any point.