January Term 2016
January Term course schedule coming soon!
Online course being 12/28/2015
Face-to-face and hybrid courses being 1/4/2016
January Term ends 1/22/2016
January 2 - January 20, 2014
January Term is an opportunity to earn credit (1-4 credits) in University courses in a three week period between fall and spring semesters in a variety of academic disciplines. January Term courses are offered in condensed time periods which require the same workload and contact time as courses offered during the traditional fifteen week semester.
Note: ALL students are limited to registering for only one January Term course regardless of credit value due to the intensity of course pace. Pass/Fail option is available. Auditing a course is not permitted during January Term.
Deadlines to add, drop, and receive refunds do not conform to the traditional academic calendar. The information that follows will help you manage your time and move through the process.
NOTE: You must pay in full when you register for January Term courses.
Online registration via WEBCAT is available to students with a MyUNH/Blackboard account and is the preferred method of registration.
- You may register by phone at (603) 641-4136
- By fax at (603) 641-4125. You can download the registration form here
- In person at 400 Commercial Street, Manchester, NH. UNH Manchester will be closed December 24 - January 1 for winter break. In person registration must be completed before noon on December 21, 2012. During the winter break period you may email questions about January Term courses to email@example.com and the college registrar will reply.
- You may also register for UNH Manchester courses at the registration office in Durham.
- You must establish a UNH electronic account to give you access to UNH email, Blackboard and the Webcat systems. Click here for directions to account creation.
- Payment is expected at the time of registration. No payment plan is available for January Term. Fees are not refundable.
- The tuition rate for a 4-credit undergraduate course (numbered 200-799) will be $415/credit for NH residents; $457 for non-residents.
- The per credit tuition rate for graduate courses numbered 800-999 will be $483/credit for NH residents and $532/credit for non-residents.
- $20 registration fee
- $22.13 technology fee
- $20 security/parking fee. Students with fall 2012 UNH Manchester parking permits may use them during January Term. Students without fall 2012 UNH Manchester parking permits will be required to purchase a permit.
- Course fees, if noted
Cash, check, credit card, or credit from previous semester accepted. Employee/dependent tuition waivers also accepted.
Due to the condensed nature of January Term, UNH Manchester degree students typically are not eligible for financial aid. Courses taken during January Term do not affect students’ financial aid for fall and spring semesters. Participation in January Term does not affect students’ full- or part-time status at UNH. For more information, please contact the UNH Manchester Financial Aid Office.
All GI Bills
“Break pay” has been eliminated from all GI Bills as of August 1, 2011. If a student received VA education benefits for the fall 2012 semester and is not enrolled in January 2013 term, benefits will cease on December 15, 2012 (the last day of the fall semester) and resume on January 22, 2013 (the first day of the spring 2013 semester). Enrolling in a January term class will use additional benefits and reduce, but not eliminate the break pay.
During January term, enrollment in one credit is considered half time. Enrollment in two or more credits is considered full time.
You MUST submit a VA Enrollment Certification Request form if you want to be certified for benefits. If you do not submit the form, we will assume you do not want to be certified for January term.
Post-911/Chapter 33 Bill
BAH is prorated based on enrollment. Distance learning (online) classes are paid at a different rate than in-person courses.
The BAH rate for distance learning (online) courses is $684 per month. The current BAH for in-person courses is $1,566 per month for veterans enrolled in a UNH Manchester course.
Taking a January term online class will entitle you to online BAH from December 27, 2012 to January 18, 2013. A January term in-person class will entitle you to in-person BAH from January 2, 2013 to January 18, 2013. The standard BAH rate for spring 2013 semester will resume on January 22, 2013 for veterans enrolled in that semester.
Payment for January term enrollment includes tuition, fees, and book money (if cap has not been reached).
The UNH Manchester Computer Lab will be open Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. during January Term 2013.
The UNH Manchester Library will be open Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. during January Term 2013
Many of the tips that follow are helpful to your success in any UNH course, but are of particular importance for courses offered in condensed time periods or with limited face-to-face contact. Four-credit courses offered during UNH Manchester’s January Term (a three week break period between fall and spring semesters) require the same workload and contact time as courses offered during the traditional fifteen week semester. Here are suggestions to help you be successful in January Term courses
If you are taking a January term class that meets on campus, be sure to check the UNH Manchester Storm Information Line (603) 641-4100 or sign-up for txt / email notifications for information on curtailed operations during inclement weather.
If you are taking a January term class online, curtailed operations does not apply and your course activities will continue as schedule.