Open Computing Clusters provide a productive working environment for students enrolled at the college who require computer access for academic activities. These facilities provide a productive working environment for students enrolled at UNH Manchester who require computer access for academic activities. Printing is available in all computer clusters, using Cat's Cache. Scanning is available from student Xerox copiers and the Learning Commons KIC Scanner.
Learning Commons Cluster
The second floor Learning Commons is the site of Manchester’s main computer cluster. The Learning Commons Helps Desk also offers laptops for students to sign out. For more information, visit http://www.manchester.unh.edu/library/computers-printing.
1st Floor Open Cluster
On the South end of the first floor, there is a small cluster that is available any time UNH Manchester is open, even if the Learning Commons is not open. Printing can be retrieved down the hall in the ET Commons area.
Computer labs provide a productive working environment for students enrolled at the college who require computer access for academic activities. Computer labs are located in Room 114 at University Center. These facilities provide a productive working environment for students enrolled at UNH Manchester who require computer access for academic activities.
Our Open Cluster Lab offers a variety of applications from general word processing to GRE preparation. All computers are configured with MS Office suite, browsers equipped to access Blackboard (UNH's electronic course site) and networked to printers. Scanners are available for course activities.
The 2 instructional labs may be reserved by faculty members for specific class sessions. There are 21 computers in Lab A, and 17 in Lab B. Instructional Labs are available for students to use when they are not reserved for class. Schedules are posted by each lab for your convenience.
- Carry your UNH Manchester ID card with you while using the lab. Only current UNH Manchester students may use the lab.
- Do not bring food or drink materials to the computer desk area. Capped bottles are required if stored at your seat.
- Observe cell phone etiquette: mute the ring tone and answer all calls outside the lab area.
- Do not leave your personal belongings unattended. UNH Manchester IT is not responsible for lost, stolen or moved items.
- "Camping" is not allowed. If a computer is left unattended for 15 minutes or more, staff may move your belongings so another user may access that computer.
- Printing requires a UNH Manchester Print Card.
- Students should have a basic understanding of the application they plan to use. No in-lab tutoring is provided. See your instructor if you need assistance with specific course activity.
- Students are responsible for their own data. Personal data stored on the hard drives is deleted when machines reboot.
- Before you leave, backup your data, exit the software application, and clean up your work area so it is ready for the next user.
- Lab attendants are on duty to assist with hardware operations and insure fair and equitable use of the resources. They can ask you to relinquish a computer, cease disruptive behavior, or deny access to the lab if you do not have proper identification. They will help you with the basic system and software startup. Attendants may not be familiar with a specific application. They don't provide tutoring on homework related activities.
- Internet access is for course related activity. You may be asked to stop on-line shopping, game playing or other non-academic activities.
- Respect your fellow students in the lab. Speak softly and avoid interrupting your "computer neighbor" to learn how to use the hardware or software. The labs are a working and thinking zone for everyone.
The following software is installed on computer lab and instructional computer classroom computers:
Windows OS Computers
- Windows XP
- Microsoft Office
- Explorer & Firefox browsers
- Other course specific software
Mac OS Computers
- OS X
- Safari browser
- iMovie, iPhoto suites
- Adobe Flash
- iWork (Pages, Keynote)