Applicants must meet the admission standards of the UNH Graduate School and have a bachelor’s degree in a computing discipline: computer science, information technology, computer information systems, information sciences, computer engineering, or software engineering.
Students with undergraduate degrees in other fields are invited to apply and required to schedule an interview with the program coordinator. The minimal formal coursework required of students without an undergraduate degree in computing includes the areas of programming, computing systems, and college mathematics above college algebra (such as finite mathematics, discrete mathematics, or statistics).
Students are able to satisfy the program’s prerequisites by taking recommended undergraduate courses at UNH Manchester and getting a minimum grade of B. The selection of prerequisite courses depends on the student academic and professional experience. Candidate courses include:
- COMP 425, Introduction to Programming
- COMP 520, Database Design and Development
- COMP 530, Machine and Network Architecture
- COMP 550, Networking Concepts
- COMP 490 Statistics in Computing and Engineering
- COMP 500 Discrete Structures
- MA 418, Precalculus, or MA420, Finite Mathematics
HOW TO APPLY:
- Use the Online Application Form to create an on-line application account.
- Answer all sections and then click the "Application is Complete" button to submit your application and pay the non-refundable application fee. Note fee waivers are only approved under certain circumstances.
- After submitting your application you are assigned a UNH Student ID (a 9-digit number begining with a 9). You will need this ID to submit your supporting documents.
- This program does NOT require the GRE
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:
- Prior college transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Personal Statement Essay
- English Testing: Non-native English speaking International applicants are required to submit proof of English language proficiency. Demonstration of a sufficient level of English language proficiency is a prerequisite for admission. Submitted scores that fall below our minimum requirement will be considered unacceptable and grounds for denying admission. Minimum score requirements are as follows:
- TOEFL (Paper Based): 550
- TOEFL (Computer Based): 213
- TOEFL (Internet Based): 80
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): 6.5
- TOEFL IPT* (Institution Administered): On case-by-case basis
- TOEIC* (Test of English for International Communication): On case-by-case basis
- PTE Academic: 59
Please Note: TOEFL scores are waived for Permanent Residents but are required for refugees.
*The ITP (if administered at the University of New Hampshire) and TOEIC may be accepted on a case-by-case basis; please contact the Graduate School directly for more information.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for further details about the program, application process and more.