Analytics and Data Science Public Pathways Program
We have partnered with Nashua Community College to offer a Pathways Program that allows you to seamlessly transfer to UNH Manchester. This curriculum map will help you turn your A.S. in Foundations in Data Analytics into a B.S. in Analytics and Data Science at UNH Manchester.
|Students take these courses at NCC...||To fulfill these UNH degree requirements...|
|ENGL 101 – College Composition||Discovery writing skills course|
|CSCI 106 – Introduction to Software||Elective credit|
|MATH 106 – Statistics I ||Discovery quantitative reasoning|
|BUS 101 – Introduction to Business||BUS 400 – Introduction to Business|
|MATH 210 – Calculus I||MATH 425 – Calculus I|
|CSCI 207 – Database Design & Management ||COMP 520 – Database Design & Management|
|CSCI 230 – Advanced Programming Using C++ ||Elective credit|
|ENGL 122 - Technical Writing||ENG 502 - Technical Writing|
|Discovery-approved social science elective||Discovery social science course|
|MATH 211 – Calculus II||MATH 426 – Calculus II|
|CSCI 278 – Data Structures Using C++ ||COMP 525 – Data Structures Fundamentals|
|Discovery-approved humanities or fine arts elective||Discovery humanities or fine and performing arts course|
|MATH 215 – Linear Algebra||MATH 545 – Introduction to Linear Algebra or MATH 645 – Linear Algebra for Applications|
NOTE: Use UNH’S Transfer Credit Database for a list of NCC courses that fulfill UNH Discovery requirements.
1. Major credit when paired with MATH 206 for COMP 490. Students must earn a grade of C or better in both MATH 106 and MATH 206 to earn credit for COMP 490.
2. Major credit when paired with CSCI 207 for COMP 520. Students must earn a grade of C or better in both CSCI 140 and CSCI 207 to earn credit for COMP 520.
3. Major credit when paired with CSCI 278 for COMP 525. Students must earn a grade of C or better in both CSCI 230 and CSCI 278 to earn credit for COMP 525.
Course titles, names and/or sequencing are subject to change.
If you are enrolled in the NH Dual Admission Program and/or plan to finish your associate degree at NCC, complete the following requirements at UNH Manchester to receive your bachelor’s degree.
Major Course Requirements:
- MATH 739 – Applied Regression
- COMP 430 – System Fundamentals
- COMP 525 – Data Structures Fundamentals
- DATA 674 – Predictive and Prescriptive Analytics I
- DATA 675 – Predictive and Prescriptive Analytics II
- DATA 757 – Big Data
- BUS 453 – Leadership for Managers
- BUS 620 – Organizational Behavior
- USMT 599 – Professional Development Seminar (1 credit)
- DATA 690 – Internship Experience (4 credits)
- DATA 790 – Capstone Project
Remaining Discovery Program Course Requirements:
- Discovery biological science course
- Discovery environment, technology and society course
- Discovery historical perspectives course
- Discovery world cultures course
- Discovery humanities or fine and performing arts course
University Degree Requirements:
- Elective courses to fill remainder of credits required for bachelor’s degree (128 total)
- University writing requirement*
* Bachelor degree candidates are required to complete four writing-intensive courses, which must include: English 401 – First Year Writing (or equivalent transfer English composition course) and three additional writing-intensive courses, one in the student’s major and one at the 600-level or above.
Please also note:
- UNH Manchester accepts a maximum of 72 credits in transfer from 2-year institutions. Only courses completed with a grade of C or better will be accepted as transfer credits.
- Students must earn a minimum overall grade point average of 2.50 at NCC to be eligible for dual enrollment at UNH Manchester.
- Course titles, names and/or sequencing are subject to change.