Computer Information Systems Public Pathways Program
We have partnered with White Mountains Community College to offer a Pathways Program that allows you to seamlessly transfer to UNH Manchester. This curriculum map will help you turn your A.S. in Information Technology into a B.S. in Computer Information Systems at UNH Manchester.
|Students take these courses at WMCC...||To fulfill these UNH degree requirements...|
|ENGL 101 - College Composition||Discovery writing skills course|
|IST 113 – IT Essentials||Elective credit|
|IST 120 – Web Design I||COMP 405 – Introduction to Internet and Web Authoring|
|CSCI 161 – Introduction to Programming ||Major concentration course|
|IST 213 – Computer Networking I||Major concentration course|
|IST 114 – Linux Essentials ||Elective credit|
|IST 219 – Computer Networking II||COMP 550 – Networking Concepts|
|ENGL 211 – Professional Writing||Elective credit|
|PHYS 118 – Physics of Raspberry Pi||Discovery physical science course|
|MATH 180 – Pre-Calculus||Elective credit|
|IST 115 – Object Oriented Programming with JAVA||COMP 425 – Computing Fundamentals|
|IST 232 – Computer Security||Major concentration course|
|IST 234 – Computer Networking III||Major concentration course|
|COMP 105 – Introduction to Database Management ||Elective credit|
|Discovery-approved fine and performing arts elective||Discovery fine and performing arts course|
|MATH 215 – Calculus I||Discovery quantitative reasoning course|
|IST 230 – Network Servers and Security ||COMP 530 – Machine and Network Architecture|
|IST 235 – SQL Databases ||COMP 520 – Database Design and Development|
|IST 244 – Computer Networking IV||Major concentration course|
|HUMA 120 – Environmental Issues||Discovery environment, technology and society course|
|Discovery-approved social science elective||Discovery social science course|
NOTE: Download the WMCC courses that fulfill requirements for UNH’s Discovery Program at manchester.unh.edu/pathways in the WMCC accordion under “General Education.”
1. Major credit when paired with IST 230 for COMP 530. Students must earn a C or better in IST 114 and 230 to earn credit for COMP 530.
2. Major credit when paired with IST 235 for COMP 520. Students must earn a C or better in both COMP 105 and IST 235 to earn credit for COMP 520.
If you are enrolled in the NH Dual Admission Program and/or plan to finish your associate degree at WMCC, complete the following requirements at UNH Manchester to receive your bachelor's degree.
Major Course Requirements:
- COMP 430 – System Fundamentals
- COMP 525 – Data Structures Fundamentals
- COMP 560 – Ethics and Law in the Digital Age (also fulfills Discovery humanities course)
- COMP 715 – Information Security
- COMP 730 – Object-Oriented Software Development
- COMP 690 – Internship Experience (4credits)
- COMP 790 – Capstone Project
- UMST 582 - Internship and Career Planning Seminar (1credit)
- Three Major elective course
Remaining Discovery Program Course Requirements:
- Discovery biological or physical science courses
- Discovery world cultures course
- Discovery social science course
University Degree Requirements:
- Elective courses to fill remaining credits required for bachelor’s degree (128 total)
- University writing requirement*
* Bachelor degree candidates are required to complete four writing-intensive courses, which must include: English 401 – First-Year Writing (or equivalent transfer English composition course) and three additional writing-intensive courses, one in the student’s major and one at the 600-level or above.
Please also note:
- UNH Manchester accepts a maximum of 72 credits in transfer from 2-year institutions. Only courses completed with a grade of C or better will be accepted as transfer credits.
- Students must earn a minimum overall grade point average of 2.50 at WMCC to be eligible for dual enrollment at UNH Manchester.
- Course titles, names and/or sequencing are subject to change.