- Association of Writers and Writing Programs
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Federal Bar for the District of New Hampshire
- Office of Academic Initiatives Honored Instructor. Madison, WI: 2013-2015.
- Akron Poetry Prize. Akron, OH: 2012.
- August Derleth Fiction Prize. Madison, WI: 2012.
- Green Rose Poetry Prize. Kalamazoo, MI: 2010.
- Alexander Chambers Nonfiction Prize. Madison, WI: 2010.
- J. Howard and Barbara M.J. Wood Prize from Poetry. Chicago: 2008.
A selection of published works by Professor Abramson
- An Insider’s Guide to Graduate Degrees in Creative Writing. New York, NY: Bloomsbury, 2018.
- Best American Experimental Writing 2018 (Series Editor). Middletown, CT: Wesleyan University Press, 2018.
- Golden Age. Buffalo, New York: BlazeVOX, 2017. Mixed genre.
- Best American Multimedia 2017 (Series Editor). Middletown, CT: Wesleyan University Press, 2017.
- Best American Experimental Writing 2016 (Series Editor). Middletown, CT: Wesleyan University Press, 2016.
- DATA. Buffalo, New York: BlazeVOX, 2016. Mixed genre.
- Best American Experimental Writing 2015 (Series Editor). Middletown, CT: Wesleyan University Press, 2015.
- Metamericana. Buffalo, NY: BlazeVOX, 2015. Mixed genre.
- Best American Experimental Writing 2014 (Series Editor). Richmond, CA: Omnidawn, 2014.
- Thievery. Akron, OH: University of Akron Press, 2013. Poetry.
- The Poets & Writers Guide to MFA Programs (Co-author). New York, NY: Poets & Writers, Inc., 2013.
- Northerners. Kalamazoo, MI: Western Michigan University Press, 2011.
- The Suburban Ecstasies. Denver, CO: Ghost Road Press, 2009. Poetry.
- The Creative Writing MFA Handbook (Co-author). New York: Bloomsbury, 2008.
- After the Program Era, Iowa City, IA: University of Iowa Press, 2017.
- Contemporary Jewish American Poetry. New York: Bloomsbury, 2014.
- Poetry of the Law. Iowa City, IA: University of Iowa Press, 2010.
- Poets’ Guide to New Hampshire. Concord, NH: Poetry Society of New Hampshire, 2010.
- Best New Poets 2008. Charlottesville, VA: University of Virginia Press, 2008.
Articles and Poems
- "How 'Orange Is the New Black' Humanizes Inmates." The Washington Post. 2013.
- "Fifteen Truths About the U.S. Criminal Justice System." Boston Review. 2013.
- "The Golden Age of American Poetry Is Now." Spoon River Poetry Review. 2013.
- "On Tarantino, Race, and the Genre Question." The Philadelphia Review of Books. 2013.
- Regular columns in The Huffington Post, Indiewire, and Poets & Writers.
- Poems in AGNI, American Poetry Review, Colorado Review, Fence, The Gettysburg Review, Harvard Review, The Iowa Review, New American Writing, Poetry, The Southern Review, and elsewhere.
- Articles cited in/by The New Yorker, The Atlantic, Rolling Stone, The New York Times, The Chicago Tribune, The Los Angeles Times, The Boston Globe, New York Magazine, The Guardian, The Economist, Pitchfork, The Chronicle of Higher Education, Inside Higher Ed, Politico, PBS, NPR, CNBC, and others.
- Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2016
- M.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2010
- M.F.A., University of Iowa, 2009
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 2001
- B.A., Dartmouth College, 1998