Advanced Standing Credit

You may be able to accelerate your degree if you have earned advanced standing credit through any of the options below.

The University of New Hampshire recognizes the College Board’s Advanced Placement Examination (AP) program as a means of evaluating a student’s eligibility for advanced placement and credit.

Students who have participated in the AP program and have been admitted to the University should have official AP grade reports sent directly to the UNH Admissions Office (CEEB # 3918) from the College Board (phone: 609-771-7300). After receiving the College Board AP grade report, the Admissions Office notifies the student and the Registrar’s Office of any credit award.

See which AP exams & scores UNH awards credit for

Running Start is a partnership connecting the Community College System of New Hampshire with secondary schools.

The Running Start program allows high schools to give students an opportunity to take college courses for college credit while also completing the requirements for high school graduation.

Students must request that an official CCSNH transcript be forwarded to the UNH Manchester Office of Admissions for credit evaluation. Only grades of C or better will be accepted for credit.

Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program awards eight credits for each IB Higher Level examination with a score of 5, 6 or 7. Credit is not awarded for standard-level exams.

Students in an IB program who have been admitted to UNH Manchester should have their official exam results sent directly to the Admissions Office. After receiving these scores, the Admissions Office will notify the student and the Registrar’s Office of any credit award.