First year and transfer students begin their UNH Manchester experience at Orientation or Transfer Advising Day where they learn how to navigate life at UNH Manchester and access the opportunities and resources available to help them succeed.
What to Expect
Once you've been accepted you'll receive information in the mail and an email about Orientation or Transfer Advising Day and how to register to attend.
Orientation or Transfer Advising Day will give you an opportunity to meet other new students and learn more about the college. You'll also:
- Meet staff from Financial Aid, Registration, Academic Advising, the Center for Academic Enrichment, Career and Professional Success (CaPS), Student Development & Involvement, the Library, and the Business Office
- Meet other new students
- Register for classes
- Have your ID photo taken
Sign-ups for Transfer Advising Days and First-Year Orientations have ended for summer 2019. The Academic Advising Office will contact all students who were not able to attend a Transfer Advising Day or First-Year Orientation through their UNH Wildcats email with information regarding fall course selection and registration. If you have not yet set-up your UNH Wildcats email you can find directions at the following link: https://www.unh.edu/it/student-email
Wildcat Welcome Day
Join students, staff and faculty for a morning of service in the Manchester community, followed by a campus-wide barbeque! In the afternoon, first-year students will meet for their First-year seminar class. We will end the day with a performance from UNH's own WildActs!
Friday, August 23rd , 9:00am-5:00pm
Please sign up for Wildcat welcome day by registering for your service project below:
- NH Food Bank – Work outside helping to harvest, weed, and maintain the NH Food Bank production garden
- Northwest Elementary School – Painting interior of school and some outside clean up
- Parker Varney Elementary School – Creating a Zen Den for students, putting furniture together and tidying up the teacher’s room
- Gossler Park Elementary School – Cleaning outside of building, weeding, raking