Transferring Your Credits

Students and Professor Patterson talking her Professor Patterson's office

You’ll receive an official credit evaluation upon admission to UNH, so you can see the total credits transferred and any general education requirements that have been fulfilled.

Transferring Credit From a N.H. Community College

You can use the NH Transfer Credit Database for a detailed credit evaluation if you’re transferring from one of the following schools:

  • Granite State College
  • Great Bay Community College
  • Lakes Region Community College
  • Manchester Community College
  • Nashua Community College
  • NHTI – Concord’s Community College
  • River Valley Community College
  • White Mountains Community College

Transferring Credit From Another Institution

To transfer credits you’ve earned at another college, the following criteria must be met:

  •  The course was taken at an institution fully accredited by a regional association of schools and
  • The grade earned in the class was equivalent to a "C" or above.
  • The course was not remedial or vocational in nature or taken as part of a certificate program.
  • Only mathematics coursework at the pre-calculus level or higher will transfer. Credit is alsoaccepted for finite mathematics and statistics courses.
  • To receive credit for elementary-level foreign language coursework, a student cannot havecompleted two or more years of study in that same language in high school.