International Students

If you’d like to study in the United States and want a university that offers academic excellence, hands-on experience and a student-centered community — look no further. UNH Manchester welcomes students from all over the world to our undergraduate and graduate programs.

Our campus is located in the heart of a Manchester, New Hampshire, a city that embraces cultural diversity and is full of internship and career opportunities. We're also just an hour's drive from historic Boston, Massachusetts, and even less than that to the beautiful beaches, lakes, and mountains of our scenic state.

Tuition and costs

Funding your U.S. studies

About our city

Contact Us

Phone: (603) 641-4139
Phone: (603) 641-4313
WhatsApp: +1 (603) 641-4304

Apply (Undergraduate)Apply (Graduate)Request InformationVisit Campus

UNH Manchester Undergraduate Application Deadlines:
  • Spring Semester: November 1

  • Fall Semester, Early Action: November 15
  • Fall Semester: April 1
Admission Criteria

We consider your entire academic history and personal experiences when we review your application, but you should complete the following college preparatory coursework to be considered minimally* qualified for admission:

  • Demonstrated proficiency in English
  • Three years of mathematics, including the equivalent of Algebra I, Geometry and Algebra II (four years preferred)
  • Three years of science, two of which must be laboratory sciences
  • Three years of social sciences
  • Two years of a single foreign language (three years preferred)

* Some academic programs require an additional year of preparation in subject areas beyond what is listed above.

Application Requirements

Follow these steps to apply to a bachelor’s or associate degree program at UNH Manchester

  • Complete the Common App
  • Official Transcripts
    High School Transcript and/or General Equivalency Diploma (GED): We require official transcript(s) of any coursework taken prior to applying to UNH, with English translations. Translation options include, but are not limited to, World Education Services and the Center for Educational Documentation.
    College Transcripts: If you’re transferring from another institution, you must also provide official transcripts from each college attended in order to have your credits evaluated for transfer.
  • Official TOEFL and/or IELTS Scores: International students must demonstrate proficiency in English, if it is not their primary language. UNH’s CEEB code for TOEFL: 3918
  • Letter of Recommendation (optional for transfer students): This letter, ideally, should be from a student's guidance counselor, teacher or employer. UNH does not require more than one recommendation and prefer to receive no more than two, as excess recommendations may delay the review process.
  • Optional: Official SAT and/or ACT Scores: Students attending a school that provides a written evaluation in place of numeric or letter grades are required to submit standardized test scores. SAT and/or ACT are otherwise not required. However, students do have the option through the Common App or Coalition App to indicate whether you would like standardized test scores considered. Once you submit your application, the decision to have your test scores included is final.

All paper materials should be mailed to:

UNH Manchester
Admissions Office
88 Commercial Street
Manchester, NH 03101

Additional Information

The admissions office will not process an application until it is complete with all the required documentation. Once all materials have been filed, please allow three to five weeks for an admission notification. Please use black ink when submitting any paper materials, and be sure to include a date of birth on all paper materials. There are no interviews as part of the application process. Non-U.S. citizens should include a photocopy of the passport page with biographic information. Do not send IEPs, 504 Plans and other documentation regarding a disability to the admissions office. These should be brought to the student’s first meeting with his or her academic counselor after new student orientation. All offers of admission are considered conditional and are subject to the verification of satisfactory senior year achievement when final high school transcripts are reviewed by the Admission Committee.

Apply to UNH Manchester

Application deadlines and requirements vary for each UNH Graduate School program, so be sure to check out our list of master's programs for specific information. If you're applying for the fall semester, it is recommended that international applicants submit all materials by June 1 (three months prior to the start of classes) to allow ample processing time.

Admission Criteria

As an international student, you are eligible to apply to UNH Graduate School if you've earned a bachelor’s degree from a four-year institution or completed a three-year degree from India. The Graduate School will consider an applicant with a three-year degree from India under the following conditions, which are reviewed on a case-by-case basis:

  • Bachelor’s accredited by NAAC at the A-level
  • The applicant must graduate with first class honors or higher.
How to Apply

If you're applying for the fall semester, it is recommended that international applicants submit all materials by June 1 (three months prior to the start of classes) to allow ample processing time.

  1. Use the Online Application Form to create an online application account.
  2. Answer all sections and then click the "Application is Complete" button to submit your application and pay the non-refundable application fee. Note: Fee waivers are only approved under certain circumstances.
  3. After submitting your application, you are assigned a UNH Student ID (a 9-digit number beginning with a 9). You will need this ID to submit your supporting documents.
Required Supporting Documents

In order to complete your application to UNH Graduate School, please visit the Application Instructions page.

Apply to UNH Graduate School

Information will be available soon.

English For Speakers of Other Languages Program

Our English for Speakers of Other Languages program has helped more than 350 students, from 60 countries, embark on new and productive lives in their adopted country, the United States.

If English is not your primary language or you’re attending a school where English is not the primary language of instruction, you must submit the results of a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) proficiency examination. Scores must be sent directly from the testing agency.

  • TOEFL* recommended minimum scores
    • Computer version: 213
    • Paper version: 550
    • Internet version: 80
  • IELTS minimum acceptable proficiency grade: 6.5

*TOEFL scores are waived for permanent residents but are required for refugees.

Master's Degree Applicants: Proficiency can be demonstrated by the receipt of a bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education in the United States, or from a university in another country where English is the primary language of instruction.

UNH Manchester has partnered with Southern New Hampshire University to offer housing at SNHU’s newly renovated Hampton residence hall located at 2500 North River Road, Manchester, NH 03106.

The suite-style accommodations offer two singles, two doubles, a shared bathroom and common living area. They also come equipped with living essentials, including full-time residence directors and resident assistants who are always available to answer your questions.

You must be a full-time UNH Manchester undergraduate (enrolled in 12 or more credits) or graduate student to be eligible for housing. Offers are made via email on a space-available basis. Once you complete and submit the housing application, check your UNH email frequently and respond to our offer so we know you accept. Students who accept our offer of campus housing agree to the terms of the SNHU Room & Board Agreement.

Learn more

Are International Students Eligible for Internships During the Course of Study?

Yes, international students are eligible for internships. In general, you have to be here on F1 visa for one year before accepting any internship, and the internship must be in conjunction with a course and/or requirement of the degree program. The Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) is the best source to find answers to any question that international students have, so we highly recommend that you contact OISS with any questions.

How Many Internships Can an International Student Do?

If you are here on an F1 visa, there is a risk of having too much internship experience. If during a program of study you accumulate a total of 12 months of full-time internship, then you won’t be eligible for post-completion Optional Practical Training. This is one of the many rules the Office of International Students and Scholars has to make students aware of.

aerial photo of UNH Manchester


Connect with Us

We're dedicated to building your future together, so our admissions counselors are happy to answer any of your questions.

Phone: (603) 641-4122
Phone: (603) 641-4313