Student Accounts

Business Services provides a comprehensive financial operation to assist students with university accounts. We initiate billing, process loan and scholarship payments, and counsel students relative to their financial obligations.

Payment Due Dates

  • For UNH Manchester undergraduate students, Spring 2021, the payment due date for your tuition bill is January 7, 2021.
  • For graduate students, tuition and fees are due in full each semester by the first day of classes.
  • For any non-degree students, payment is due at the time of registration.

Phone: (603) 641-4137
Fax: (603) 641-4125

Tuition Payment Plans

An interest-free monthly payment plan is available through Nelnet Campus Commerce/TM. Students and families set up budgets for fall and spring semesters.  You may enroll online at Nelnet Campus Commerce/TMS, or call direct at 800-722-4867.  Payment plans available:

Fall Plan

5 Monthly Payments

  • Payments are due on the 1st of each month
  • Your 1st monthly payment is due upon enrollment
  • Your remaining payments are due: Aug. 1st to Nov. 1st

Spring Plan

5 Monthly Payments

  • Payments are due on the 1st of each month
  • Your 1st monthly payment is due upon enrollment
  • Your remaining payments are due: Jan. 1st to April. 1st

There are multiple ways you pay your tuition bill:

  • Credit cards (Visa, Master Card, America Express, and Discover) are accepted via WebCat. There will be a service fee of 2.75 percent charged for credit card payments effective summer semester 2014.
  • Personal checks may be mailed to: UNH Student Accounts, 88 Commercial Street, Manchester NH 03101
  • Cash must be delivered in-person only at the Office of Student Accounts, located at 88 Commercial Street, Manchester campus. Bank checks are preferred.
  • Establish a monthly payment plan via Nelnet Campus Commerce/TMS.
  • Electronic Payment – set up direct payment from a banking account (“e-check”)
  • Students may elect to set up a Parent Portal account for parents or others. To set up access for "Authorized pay" please log into your WebCat.
Payment Due Dates

Students can view specific due dates on their bill statement in WebCat.   

UNH does not send bills through the mail. Bills are posted to students' individual WebCat accounts. Students will be notified through their UNH-assigned e-mail accounts when new bills are posted.  

How to view your bill

Students can authorize anyone they want to access their UNH billing information through Parent Portal -- their parents, a family member, or a friend. Students are completely in charge of who has access, and can change that access at any time.

How to set up a parent portal account

What are pending items?

Pending items are anticipated credits that appear on your billing statement. These pending items are used to offset the balance due on your account. They may be loans or scholarships which have not yet arrived or monthly payments which are not yet due. Pending items may require further action. For more information go to WebCat and check your financial aid status.

What if I don't pay or pay late?

Non-payment can result in late fees, and may result in students being disenrolled from classes. Any outstanding balance could cause a financial hold which prevents registration and the mailing of transcripts and diplomas.

What are the most common causes preventing me from being financially clear?
  • Unpaid balance on student account
  • Reducing payments by anticipated aid without proper backup documentation
  • Stafford or Perkins Master Promissory Note is not signed
  • Entrance counseling for Stafford or Perkins Loans has not been completed
  • Missing Financial Aid documents
I stopped attending classes, can I get a refund?

Requests for refunds of undergraduate tuition and course charges will be considered only if the student completes official withdrawal procedures.

I’m the parent of a student, and I pay the bills… why won’t the Business Office speak to me about their account?

Account information is confidential between UNH and the student.  The student may grant permission for other people to have access to this information by filling out and submitting the Release of Student Information Permission Form (FERPA).

Who should I call if I have a question about my bill?

Please call Student Accounts at (603) 641-4137

Please note: The Business Office receives a considerable number of telephone calls.  We try to answer all calls on the day we receive them.  This is not always possible. If your call goes to voice mail, please leave the following information:

  • Name of Student 
  • Student ID# (starts with a 9)
  • Purpose of your call
  • A telephone number where you can be reached
Why is my financial aid not on my account?

If all your paperwork has been received and processed and you have signed and returned your award letter to the Financial Aid Office, your bill should include your financial aid.  If you are expecting financial aid and it is not reflected on your bill, please call the Financial Aid office at (603) 641-4189.

I have already made Payment arrangements (nelnet/TMS payment plan, financial aid, veterans benefits, etc). why do I keep getting a bill from UNH?

Bills are automatically generated once a month. You will receive a bill notification every month via your UNH email until your account is paid off (cleared).  Pending financial aid or arrangements with Nelnet Campus Commerce/TMS will generally be reflected in the “memo” section of your bill, you will receive a bill every month until those payments are received.

How to update my student account with an external scholarship award/check i received?

All external scholarship award letters and checks should be forward to the Office of Student Accounts. Please note scholarship checks made out to UNH and the student need to be endorsed by the student before processing. A student signature is required on the backside of the check.  

External scholarship award letters and checks can be dropped off or mailed to:

UNH Manchester
Office of Student Accounts
88 Commercial Street
Manchester NH 03101