Student computers include Microsoft Office, Web Browsing, SPSS, Adobe Reader, and a variety of course-specific Windows software applications.
Printing is available in all computer clusters using Cat's Cache. Scanning is also available using the Learning Commons KIC Scanner.
Learning Commons Computing
The second floor Learning Commons is the site of our main computer cluster.
- Windows laptops are also available for students, staff, and faculty to borrow.
- Cluster (desktop) computers run Windows.
- Research and other help can be found at the Learning Commons Help Desk
1st Floor Open Cluster
On the south end of the first floor, a smaller cluster is available any time UNH Manchester is open, even if the Learning Commons is closed. Printers are down the hall in the Engineering Technology common area.
The Learning Commons provides one Windows workstation for Manchester community members, UNH alumni and all other guests.
- Visitors are allowed 60 minutes of computer use per day.
The campus provides access to a high-speed wireless internet connection.
- The Eduroam wireless network provides the peace-of-mind security of a wired network with the mobility of wireless.
- The purpose of the eduroam network is to allow visitors from other academic institutions to gain network access without going through a local configuration. Also, UNH users can visit other eduroam institutions and gain network access.
- Laptops joining eduroam should have current virus protection.
- Please be sure to read and understand the UNH Acceptable Use Policy (as detailed by the USNH Online Policy Manual) at the University of New Hampshire
UNH-Open is an open network with limited access. Its purpose is to serve guest users and act as a launching pad to Eduroam.
- UNH-Open is not suitable for students, faculty, or staff
A high-speed internet connection for all UNH students, faculty, and staff.
UNH Manchester has a range of classroom AV equipment for academic programs and student organizations. Here are some helpful tips to get you started:
- Each classroom at UNH Manchester is equipped with at least one digital projector and both VGA and HDMI connections to it. Some rooms come equipped with a computer as well.
- Other AV equipment is subject to availability. You may Request AV Equipment
- If needed, AV demonstrations can be given by Learning Space Technologies staff.
- Adapters and cables may be checked out from the Learning Commons Help Desk and 3rd Floor IT Office.
- For more info, 603-641-HELP (4357) or visit room 339.
UNH Manchester Academic Technology supports faculty and students to enhance existing courses through the use of computer technology.
Instructional Design & Development (IDD) support will enable UNH faculty enhance the quality of their teaching and support the effective use of instructional technology in their courses.
learn More about instructional design
Learning Management System (LMS) Assistance
Help for the new MyCourses (Canvas) Learning Management System. Assistance with new and migrated courses both online and hybrid is available.
learn more about the LMS