Transfer Students

Transfer Students
unhm campus overview
UNH Degree Right in Manchester


More than half of our students transferred here from other schools, choosing UNH Manchester for its career-driven programs and accessibility to real-world opportunities in the city. Whether you’re coming from a community college or a four-year institution, we’ve made the transfer process as simple as possible — so you can set foot on your next path with confidence.

Apply by June 15 for fall 2024

Meet with a Transfer Counselor

We're happy to chat with you about our academic programs, application process, transfer options and college experience at UNH Manchester. We can also evaluate your transfer credits and answer any questions you may have.

Contact or call (603) 641-4194 to schedule a session.

Transfer from a Community College

We’ve worked side-by-side with community colleges in New Hampshire as well as Northern Essex Community College in Massachusetts to develop curriculum guides for a seamless transition to a UNH Manchester bachelor’s degree program. We’ve also made the process as easy as possible for you to transfer here from a New Hampshire community college.


Applying is easy. Follow these steps.

  1. Submit the UNH Transfer Form (or the NH Transfer Form if you’re transferring from a New Hampshire community college)

  2. Send in your official high school transcript and/or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and official college transcript(s)

  3. Residency Statement if applying for the spring semester. Fall semester applicants will submit this form after paying the enrollment deposit.

  4. Optional: Submit letter(s) of recommendation and/or official SAT/ACT scores (UNH's CEEB code for College Board SATs and TOEFL tests is 3918)

Tuition-free Granite Guarantee

The Granite Guarantee financial aid program covers the cost of UNH Manchester tuition for qualified New Hampshire transfer students. You’ll automatically receive the Granite Guarantee if you’re a Pell-eligible N.H. resident who completed an associate degree at a New Hampshire community college.

Learn More

   TYPES OF AID                     TRANSFER SCHOLARSHIPS                      TUITION & COSTS

Transfer up to 72 credits from community colleges
Transfer up to 96 credits from four-year institutions
Placement rate for graduates

Get the Credit(s) You Deserve

You want a quality education that fits your lifestyle, goals and budget. We’ll work with you to make that happen—that’s why we accept up to 72 transfer credits from community colleges and up to 96 from four-year institutions. Schedule your visit with an admissions counselor to see how your credits will transfer in.




Transfer Admissions Criteria

Most transfer students accepted to a bachelor’s degree program demonstrate:

  • Trend in achievement. Although there is no specific requirement for grade point average, most admitted students have a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above. Your most recent academic record is given the most weight.

  • Major-related studies. We look for high school and college courses that reflect your intended major.

  • Good academic standing. You should be in good academic standing at, and eligible to return to, the last institution of higher education you attended. If you have been suspended at another institution, you are not able to apply to UNH during the period of your suspension. If you have been expelled from an institution, you must wait two years before being considered for admission to UNH.

Additional Information

The admissions office will not process an application until it is complete with all the required documentation. Applicants should allow three to five weeks after all materials have been filed before anticipating admission notification. There are no interviews as part of the application process. All offers of admission are considered conditional and are subject to the verification of satisfactory achievement when final high school transcripts are reviewed by the Admission Committee.

Permanent resident aliens need to submit a copy of their permanent resident card. Non-U.S. citizens should include a photocopy of the passport page with biographic information. 

Do not send IEPs, 504 Plans and other documentation regarding a disability to the Admissions Office. These materials should be brought to the student’s first meeting with their academic counselor after the new student orientation.

UNH's CEEB code for College Board SATs and TOEFL tests: 3918 


Connect With Us

We’re dedicated to building your future together, so our admissions counselors are happy to answer any of your questions. Connect with a counselor today at or (603) 641-4150.