Military & Veteran Students

Military & Veteran Students
Speaker at UNHM Military Veterans event

UNH Manchester welcomes returning veterans from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and all who have served our country in the military.

Whether you’re just starting your college career, transferring from another institution or returning to the classroom after a break in education, you’ll get the resources and support to help you transition from service member to scholar.


Service members apply as either first-year or transfer students. 

You’re a first-year student if you’ve never enrolled at a college or university, or have earned less than 16 credits for college coursework.
You’re a transfer student if you’ve been enrolled at another college or university, or have earned more than 16 college credits.

First-Year Student | Transfer Student 



Veteran Benefits

Learn more about the educational benefits you may qualify for through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

Apply for Benefits | Getting Your Benefits | GI Bill® 

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

Military camo legs and boots and UNHM sign


Costs & Financial Aid

You want a quality education that fits your lifestyle, goals and budget. We’ll work with you to make it happen. 

Costs | Types of Aid | Military/Veteran Scholarships | Applying for Aid

Students and advisor at computer


Military & Veteran Services

You served our country with pride, and our student-focused support team takes pride in serving you. Discover the military-specific resources and events to help you redefine victory and success.

On-Campus Resources | Off-Campus Resources | How We Support You

Cards for military personnel


Connect With an Admissions Counselor

Is UNH Manchester a good fit for you?
Our admissions counselors are happy to help you find out by answering any of your questions.

(603) 641-4150