In an effort to promote health and safety, we will be moving the Undergraduate Research Conference into a digital experience so that we may still celebrate and showcase student research, scholarship and creative works. We will share more information soon.
Welcome to the UNH Manchester URC
21st Annual Undergraduate Research Conference: April 21-24, 2020
The Undergraduate Research Conference (URC) is a celebration of academic excellence at the University of New Hampshire.The URC celebrates its 21st year during its 2020 events, which take place April 21-24 at UNH Manchester. Over 2,000 UNH undergraduate students from all academic disciplines present annually at the URC. The presentations showcase the results of their research, scholarly and creative projects in over 20 professional and artistic venues at UNH's Durham and Manchester campuses, making the UNH URC one of the largest and most diverse conferences of its kind in the country.
"Bellwether Community Credit Union is proud to be a sponsor of the 21st Annual Undergraduate Research Conference. Even given the current circumstances which is forcing this event online this year, there is no doubt that the UNH students will rise above and beyond while showcasing the results of their research through their presentations. We appreciate this opportunity to be a part of such an extraordinary event. We wish you all the best!"
Event: Oral Presentations
Where: MPR #201
Event: Dean’s Welcome & Sponsor Remarks
Where: MPR #201 & Student Commons
When: 3:30 - 6 p.m.
Event: Cinema Arts Day
Where: Communication Arts Screening Room #456
When: 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Event: Engineering Technology Senior Project Presentations
Where: MPR #201 & First Floor
When: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Note: Presentation times could vary slightly from what is published.
The URC is open to all undergraduates from all majors, making it unique in its academic diversity. You have the opportunity to:
- Participate in one of the largest undergraduate research conferences in the country a standout addition to any resume
- Sharing your work with friends, family and the UNH and local communities in a professional conference setting
- Develop a close, focused relationship with a faculty mentor
The URC is one of the largest and most diverse conferences of its kind in the nation, showcasing student work from every discipline and major at UNH. The conference features over 20 events and 1,800 student presenters, with 300+ UNH faculty members serving as advisers. The role you play in teaching and supporting students with their research cannot be overstated. By encouraging your students to participate in the URC you are giving them their first taste of a professional-level conference.
- Chat with your faculty mentor. Your first step is to chat with your faculty adviser about presenting at the URC
- Review URC info. Read through the information on UNH's URC pages so you know what to expect and which steps to take.
- Register. Register for the URC by completing the 2020 URC registration form. For questions, please contact Mary Young at email@example.com.
You'll need the following information to register your project:
- The title of your presentation
- Your faculty mentor's name ("Adviser")
- The event(s) at which you will be presenting.
- Information for other presenters ("Authors") including name, major, class/rank and home town/home state
Preparing for the URC can be exciting, but also stressful. For many students this is the first time they have ever produced a scientific research poster or presented their findings in a PowerPoint presentation.
Here are some resources to help make your URC participation an unforgettable and rewarding experience: