Requests for Refunds

Requests for refunds of undergraduate tuition and course charges will be considered only if the student completes official withdrawal procedures. Students seeking refunds must sumbit a Change of Registration Add/Drop form or a withdraw form to the Registration Office at UNH Manchester. The official withdrawal date (the date the Change of Registration is received by the Registration Office) is the basis for any financial adjustments.

Direct deposit refunds can be requested through your Webcat account.
Contact the Office of Student Accounts for questions regarding refunds. 


Phone: (603) 641-4137
Fax: (603) 641-4125

Full-time undergraduate degree students who reduce their course load to part-time status (11 credits or fewer) and part-time undergraduate students (degree and non-degree) will receive a refund of tuition in accordance with the schedule below. 

  • a 100% refund if the student withdraws on or before the second Friday of the semester;
  • a 50% refund if the student withdraws after the second Friday and on or before the fifth Friday of the semester;
  • No refunds will be authorized after the fifth Friday of classes.
  • Courses that do not conform to the academic semester calendar (including Summer Session and January terms) have a refund schedule different from that indicated above. Check with the Registration Office for specific dates.
  • No refunds will be authorized for a one weekend, one week, or two-week course once the course has begun.
  • Students registered for credit who change their status to audit are not eligible for a refund.

For all graduate student requests for refunds please contact the UNH Business Services office in Durham.


Students may petition to the College's Financial Appeals Committee for an exception to the refund policy. Petitions are approved only in cases of unforeseen compelling non-academic events. Petition forms should be submitted with supporting documentation and forwarded to the Business Office.