You served our country with pride, and our student-focused support team takes pride in serving you. Learn about the military-specific resources, activities and events that will help you redefine victory and success at UNH Manchester.
If you’re an Incoming veteran student, you and your eligible dependents may apply for educational benefits before the start of the semester. Returning veteran students must reapply for benefits each semester.
- Download the Veteran/Dependent, Tuition Assistance and National Guard Enrollment Certification Request form. This form must be submitted each semester to receive benefits.
- Download our checklist for service members
- Apply online for your VA Educational Benefits. Applying online is the fastest method, but you can also request an application for benefits from one of UNH Manchester’s VA certifying officials, listed below.
- When you receive your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs, submit a copy of the letter to a certifying official to finalize your paperwork for VA benefits.
- Submit a copy of your DD-214 (if discharged from service) to a certifying official.
VA Certifying Officials
Jennifer Hashem | Office of Student Accounts
Doreen Palmer | Registration Office
Each semester, notify a certifying officials once you have registered to allow sufficient time to be certified and keep your BAH on schedule.
If you’re a veteran receiving VA benefits under the Montgomery GI Bills® (Chapters 30, 1606 or 1607), you must verify your attendance once a month via 1-877-823-2378 or online here.
- As a way of thanking our returning service members, the admission application fee for veteran applicants has been waived for students honorably discharged on or after July 1, 1985.
- UNH Manchester has its own Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) code, resulting in an increased allowance for our college’s students.
- Our staff provides certification and eligibility verifications onsite, streamlining the process and allowing more timely access to your benefits.
- UNH Manchester hosts a virtual organization to support our student veterans and their allies, and to serve as a one-stop information source for sharing and developing a veterans and allies community on campus. Our Student Veterans Advocacy Team provides an ongoing assessment of, and takes action on, the college’s strengths and weaknesses in supporting students who served in the military.
- UNH Manchester hosts a recognized chapter of the Student Veterans of America.
- Meetings and social activities scheduled throughout the year give student veterans a chance to meet, relax, share and keep current on veterans’ issues.
- Graduating veterans receive a special red, white, and blue honor cord to be worn with their regalia at commencement in recognition of their service to our country.
Student Veterans Advocacy Team (check your Blackboard organizations)
UNH Manchester Chapter of Student Veterans of America
The following periodicals are available in UNH Manchester’s library:
- Airman: Official Magazine of the U.S. Air Force
- All Hands: Official Magazine of the U.S. Navy
- American Legion Magazine
- Marines: Official Magazine of the U.S. Marines Corps (no longer published)
- Soldiers: Official Magazine of the U.S. Army
- VFW Magazine
Located in room 296, the Veterans’ Lounge provides a space where UNH Manchester’s military and veteran community can gather for camaraderie and mutual support toward achieving their academic goals.
- Disabled American Veterans
- GI Bill®
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA)
- Make the Connection
- Manchester Regional VA Office
- National Veterans Foundation
- New Hampshire 2-1-1 Community Resource Directory
- New Hampshire State Office of Veterans Services
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- VA Medical Center Manchester, N.H. (OEF/OIF/OND Transition Program)
- Vet Centers
- Veterans Count - NH (Easter Seals)
- Veterans Service Organizations
- Wounded Warrior Project
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.