The Office of Academic Advising uses a developmental philosophy and holistic approach to empower students to reach their educational, professional, and personal goals. Academic advisors advocate for students, encourage intellectual connections across disciplines, and integrate in and out of classroom experiences.
professional Advising Model
UNH Manchester undergraduate students are assigned a professional advisor to guide them throughout their time at UNH. Professional advisors support students with course and major exploration, designing academic, personal, and professional goals, navigating on and off-campus resources, and developing academic plans. In addition to their professional advisor, undergraduate students will connect with faculty mentors within their major.
Through the academic advising process, students will:
- develop realistic educational, professional, and personal goals and select courses each semester to progress toward these goals
- learn how to be a self-advocate
- be empowered to make decisions and take responsibility for their choices and actions
- be able to identify and communicate transferrable skills gained through classes, internships, and co-curricular experiences
- utilize the resources and services on-campus to support their goals
- be able to accurately read and effectively use the program-specific curriculum guides, academic catalog, and academic transcript to determine progress toward the degree