Summer Aid

exterior photo of UNH Manchester


What types of financial aid are available for the summer session?

UNH Manchester’s Financial Aid Office awards Direct Loan and Federal Work Study funds, and in some cases Pell Grants, for the summer session. Students can also borrow an alternative loan and parents may apply for a PLUS loan. The amount of financial aid students are eligible for may vary according to the number of credits taken over the summer.

See all types of aid

Who is eligible for summer aid?

Undergraduate degree students who were previously enrolled at UNH in the spring term prior to the summer term. Students must take at least 6-8 credits over the summer terms and notify the Financial Aid Office of their summer enrollment plans in order to confirm aid eligibility and prompt processing of summer aid.

Do I need to file an application for summer financial aid?

Yes, you must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), as the summer semester is considered part of the next academic year. If you are interested in the summer Work Study Program, your FAFSA needs to be considered 'on-time,' meaning it needs to be received by the Federal Processor by March 1.

How do I apply for summer work study?

If you’re interested in the Work Study Program for the summer, contact the Financial Aid Office at or (603) 641-4189 of your interest.

Are there additional forms required for summer financial aid?

Yes — before you register for your summer courses, you will need to complete a Summer Course Form in Webcat and all outstanding requirements, including requested tax information, to process your financial aid.

How do I find out how much financial aid I can use for summer classes?

Call (603) 641-4189 to schedule an appointment with a Financial Aid Counselor to help determine your best options. In most cases, if you are going to be at least half-time, you can borrow from your Direct Loan eligibility (generally a third of your yearly loan amount). If your tuition is more than the financial aid available to you, you are responsible for paying the difference.

Please note: If you choose to use a portion of your Direct Loan in the summer, it will reduce the amount that is available to you for the fall and spring semesters. If you need more than your Direct Loan allows, you can borrow from an alternative loan or PLUS loan.