Zachary Ahmad-Kahloon (he/him/his) has been a public health and social justice educator for the last six years. Much of his focus is centers reducing barriers that underserved populations have when accessing health resources. Previously Zachary worked at the Sexual Harassment and Rape Prevention Program (SHARPP) at the University of New Hampshire as the Prevention Specialist. At SHARPP he was responsible for leading SHARPP's efforts to prevent sexual and domestic violence at UNH. Now Zachary serves as a violence prevention consultant where he works with K-12, higher education, and governmental organizations on how to use a public health approach to prevent violence. Zachary is a Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES®) and serves as adjunct faculty for UNH's Health Management and Policy Department and UNH Manchester Community Leadership program.
Zachary has served on the Advisory Board for the Association of Title IX Administrators (ATIXA) and the Leadership Council of the Campus Advocacy and Prevention Professionals Association (CAPPA). At UNH Zachary has served as Chair of the UNH President's Commission on the Status of LGBTQ+ People and several times served as a Lead Facilitator of the MLK Leadership Summit hosted by the Beauregard Center for Equity, Justice, and Freedom.
- M.P.H., University of New Hampshire
- B.S., Biomedical Science, University of New Hampshire
Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES®), National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, 2019
- HMP403: Introduction to Public Health
- HMP669: Human Behavior & Public Health
- UMST 526: Introduction to Social Justice and Student Leadership
- Howard R, Potter SJ, Flagg T, Moynihan MM, & Ahmad-Kahloon, Z. (2020). Beyond the Gender Binary: Trans/forming IPV Prevention Using a Public Health Framework. In Guadalupe-Diaz XL, and A Messinger (Eds.). Transgender Intimate Partner Violence: A Comprehensive Introduction. New York: New York University Press.
- Rizzo, A. J., Klein, L. B., Ahmad-Kahloon, Z., Bossong, M., Seshadri, M., & Swan, L. M. (2020). Leveraging partnerships between faculty and staff to transform rape culture on campus. Collaborating for Change: Transforming Cultures to End Gender-Based Violence in Higher Education. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press.
- Ahmad-Kahloon, Z (contributing author) (2018). A Model Protocol for Response to Adult Sexual Assault Cases. New Hampshire Office of the Attorney General. Concord, NH.
- Ahmad-Kahloon, Z (contributing author) (2018). Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) Toolkit. National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC). Online.