We foster holistic student growth, development, and success through a variety of student leadership programming.
Student Leadership Academy
Team Building Days: A team-building and leadership exploration experience with other Leadership Academy candidates each year.
Four Academic Courses:
- UMST 525: Exploring Leadership (1 credit)
- UMST 526: Social Justice and Student Leadership (1 credit)
- One of the following:
- UMST 599: Urban Social Justice (1 credit)
- UMST 523: Shared Learning (1 credit)
- UMST 521: Tutor Development (3 credits)
- UMST 531: Engaging in the Community: Learning through Service (1 credit)
- UMST 599: The Mindful Leader (1 credit)
- UMST 799: Student Leadership Capstone (1 credit)
Project: Initiation, development, organization and execution of an event, program, or activity within the context of a community involvement role. Should be worked on throughout time in Academy.
Presentation: A multi-component portfolio, including a leadership project, presented during UNH Manchester's Undergraduate Research Conference (URC), showcases how students have met program requirements and outcomes
- Build interpersonal and collaborative skills by designing leadership development programs for peers, practicing cooperative mentoring and exploring civic issues through group discussion
- Become a socially just leader by increasing your understanding of cultural identities and promoting inclusion and equality both on campus and in the community
- Gain the practical experience employers want by combining classroom with real-world learning and building effective communication and leadership skills for a more robust résumé
Professor Kelly Kilcrease serves as the Walton Fellow responsible for advising UNH's Enactus Team in Manchester. For more information or to join, contact Professor Kilcrease.
Through local projects and community engagement, students on the Enactus team hope to transform lives and shape a better, more sustainable world.
The team won the “Rookie of the Year” award at the national Enactus convention in 2009, and consistently competes in the annual Enactus Regional Competition.
DOWNLOAD OUR APP!
UNH Manchester's Enactus team has developed Granted, an app designed to connect entrepreneurs with grants to help fund their ventures. It features available grants nationwide, as well as tips to apply for grants and launch a business.
Our Orientation Leaders (OLs) are responsible for initially welcoming new students to our campus throughout the summer and winter months. They have a diverse understanding of the resources available and aim to assist in a student’s academic and social integration into our community. OLs guide students through our building on tours, answer FAQs from the student perspective and help students prepare for their first semester at UNH Manchester.