FAQs & Student Resources

students standing in line to register for classes


New Students

The Center for Academic Enrichment (CAE) provides a math assessment to aid incoming students in math course selection. This tool is designed to help you assess your mathematical knowledge and skills and make choices that will facilitate your academic success. Math assessments are free for UNH Manchester students and can be taken online both in a place and at a time that is most convenient for you!

After completing the assessment, you will have an opportunity to compare your score to which math courses would be appropriate for you. You will also be provided individualized Prep and Learning Modules to improve your mathematical knowledge. After working in the modules, you will have the choice to re-take the assessment up to 3 times, if needed, to improve your score for up to six months.

 Incoming students needing a quantitative reasoning course are strongly encouraged to take the math assessment. This tool will give you immediate access to free effective resources and guide you towards the best path for success in completing your quantitative reasoning requirement.

Students looking to enroll in MATH 425: Calculus I are required to take the math assessment unless they already meet the prerequisite for the course. 

Complete the assessment prior to your scheduled advising appointment to ensure personalized class selections that are appropriate for you.

Contact the CAE (unhm.cae@unh.edu) with your UNH email address to request access to the free Math Assessment.

It is expected that only you, the student, will attend the advising appointment. For new students, there will be opportunities for family and friends to engage in sessions throughout the admission process where they will be able to have their questions answered by UNH Manchester staff members.


Scheduling and attending your advising appointment are the best way to get to know your advisor!

You can also check out our staff bios or Instagram Stories where we share our hobbies and fun facts!

Each semester, students must pick up their parking pass from the security desk located in the main lobby on the second floor (please note that if you enter the building through the front door, you are on the second floor).

Parking passes become available the two weeks prior to the start of the semester, but new students can pick up their passes during Wildcat Welcome day.

If you have questions concerning picking up your parking pass, please contact unhmsecurity@unh.edu.

Your transfer credits will be reviewed before your academic advising appointment. If there are courses that still need to be evaluated for use in your major, your professional advisor may recommend that you send them a copy of the course syllabus so that faculty can make a determination if your transfer course will fulfill the UNH requirement.

Email unhm.advising@unh.edu if you have any questions.

  1. Go to: https://unhm.bncollege.com/
  2. Click on “Textbooks” in the top ribbon on the main page of the website.
  3. Enter your courses by choosing the department, course and section.
  4. Click “Find Materials.”
  1. Log into my.unh.edu.
  2. Click on the WebCat tile and login (see above).
  3. Click on the Billing tab in the blue bar at the top.
  4. Click “View your account/Pay Bill”> Make Payment to UNH (located in the middle of the screen).
  5. Follow instructions to make your online payment.

Be sure to request that your AP scores be sent to the University of New Hampshire at Manchester’s Admissions Office.

Some AP scores will fulfill UNH requirements. See this helpful handout for more information. Email unhm.advising@unh.edu if you have any questions.

New students will be invited to attend orientation earlier in the summer and Wildcat Welcome Day right before the semester begins. Students will have their student ID pictures taken during orientation and then be able to collect their card during Wildcat Welcome Day.

My WildcatSuccess

New students should refer to the New Student Advising page to learn about the new student advising process. The information below applies to current UNH Manchester students.

You can view your professional advisor’s notes and find copies of advising forms and planning tools, such as the Advising and Registration Worksheet, on myWildcatSuccess.

Please note that not all faculty advisors use myWildcatSuccess or upload copies of advising forms.

Watch this short tutorial to learn how to access appointment summaries or follow the steps written below.

  1. Log into myWildcatSuccess
  2. Click on “reports” towards the top left-hand side of the screen
  3. Find the “Appointment Summaries” section and identify the report you’d like to access
  4. Click on “view report” under the details section
  5. When the report opens, you will be able to view your advisor’s typed notes and open any attachments. Attachments are located underneath the text box for the appointment summary.
  1. Log into myWildcatSuccess
  2. Navigate to the “upcoming appointments” box on the right side of the screen
  3. Click on the hyperlinked appointment information
  4. In the manage appointment screen, click on “cancel appointment”
  5. From the drop-down menu, under “cancel appointment for” select the “entire appointment”
  6. Under reason, select the most applicable reason
  7. Once those fields are marked, click on the “Mark as Cancelled” button
  8. Once the appointment is cancelled, you’ll see a confirmation screen

To reschedule an appointment, first cancel your original appointment and then schedule a new appointment at a day and time that works best for you!


  1. Go to my.unh.edu and login.
  2. Select Webcat
  3. Select Student Records
  4. Select View Major and Advisor
  5. Select Current Term

To find your advisor’s contact information:

  1. Go to UNH Directory
  2. Search for your advisor alphabetically or by typing in and searching for them by last name
  3. View their contact information 

To learn how to schedule an appointment with a faculty advisor, please click Advising Appointments here.

To learn how to schedule an appointment with a professional advisor, please click Advising Appointments here.

General FAQs

To add a minor, students must fill out the “Completion of Minor” form and submit it to the Registration Office for processing. Students should work with their minor advisor to determine which courses they will take to fulfill the minor requirement and submit the form once the courses have been completed.

To access the form, please click here.

Students interested in declaring, changing, or adding a second major (“double majoring”) should fill out the Change of Program form and submit it to unhm.advising@unh.edu.

To access the form, please click here.

If you are interested in taking Intermediate Spanish or French, you must take an online placement test prior to registration. You can access the test here. You will need to create an account before taking the test.

You can speak with a professional advisor about your language placement after completing the test.

Students interested in transferring to or from Durham should complete the Change of Program form and submit it to unhm.advising@unh.edu.

Students who are transferring to Durham should note that most majors have eligibility criteria, and some have applications. To review these requirements for the program you’re interested in, please visit this webpage.

To access the form, please click here.

Degree Works - your degree evaluation tool

What does Degree Works do?

  • Shows you what you have taken and what it counts for (in yellow)
  • Shows what you are currently registered for (in blue)
  • What you still have left to complete (in red)
    (for Major, Discovery, Writing Intensive and other courses)
  • Allows you to run a "What-If" Degree Evaluation for different majors

To Access:

  1. Go to my.unh.edu and login.
  2. Select Webcat
  3. Select Student Records
  4. Select Degree Evaluation
  5. Select Degree Works - For students first admitted to UNH Fall 2013 and after
  6. Select the Refresh icon (circle with arrows)


Students use the course search to review courses offered in a given semester. The course search lists descriptions for each class and crucial information such as the Course Reference Number and the attributes.

Please watch this video to learn how to read the course search.

Review this PDF or watch this tutorial to learn more about how to read the course search.

New students are restricted to taking four courses, plus first-year or transfer seminar.

Current students are eligible to register for up to 20 credits. Students can register for 16 credits during open registration windows through WebCat. In order to add a fifth course, students must wait until the week before classes begin and work directly with the Registration Office.

If students want to take more than 20 credits, they must submit a Petition for Variance in Policy form and pay for the additional credits. To access the form, please click here.

UNH students must satisfy all of their degree requirements in order to be eligible to graduate. This includes earning the minimum number of credits for their degree.

For Associate’s Degree students, the minimum number of required credits is 64.

For Bachelor’s Degree students, the minimum number of required credits is 128.

To review the complete explanation of degree requirements, please review the catalog.

The UNH Catalog is the official source for information regarding major and program requirements. Here, you can find an outline of all the required courses for your major. 

The Academic Advising Office creates annual program sheets that outline the Discovery Program requirements, major requirements, and prerequisites.


Advising and Registration

During Open Registration Windows & Before the Add Deadline:

Need help changing your schedule? Plan to schedule an advising appointment or plan to attend Virtual Advising Drop-In Hours, where a professional advisor will be able to help you explore course options.

Ready to make changes? If you know which courses you’d like to add/drop, you can make a schedule change on Webcat using your RAC. Check out the Registration Office’s website to learn how to add and drop courses on WebCat. If you have any questions or need help making changes, please contact the Registration Office directly by emailing unhm.registration@unh.edu.

After Open Registration Windows & Before the Add Deadline:

If your registration window is currently closed, you must wait for it to reopen before making changes to your schedule via WebCat.

If it is past the add or drop deadline, you must submit a Petition for Variance in Policy to request permission to add or drop the course(s) past the deadline. To review this semester’s add/drop deadlines, please visit the UNH Academic Calendar.

Petitions for late adds must first be approved by the course instructor. Instructors can add a note and add their signature directly on the petition form.

Petitions for late withdrawals are typically only approved for compelling non-academic reasons where students supply documentation to support their claims.

To access the Petition for Variance in Policy form, please click here.

  • Go to my.unh.edu and login
  • Select WebCat
  • Select Registration
  • Select Student Detail Schedule
  • Select Term and submit


  • Select Printable Schedule
  • Student Schedule by Day and Time will appear on the screen
  • In the box marked "Go to (MMDDYYYY)" type in a date during that semester (ex 08/26/2019) and select submit
  • Your schedule should appear at the bottom of the screen (you may have to scroll down)

Students do not need a RAC for J-term or summer classes, however we always suggest that students discuss their plans with an advisor prior to registering for courses.

For information on how to register for J-term or summer classes, please visit the Registration Office website.

Students are required to meet with an advisor to receive their RAC each semester. Students should check their emails for information about the start of the advising period and check for appointment availability on myWildcatSuccess once the course search comes out.

Once students have met with their assigned advisor, reviewed their outstanding degree requirements, and selected classes for the next semester, they will receive their RAC.

Each semester all UNH Manchester students are required to attend a course selection advising appointment with their assigned advisor to receive their registration access code (RAC).

In addition to the course selection appointment, students must meet with professional advisors for required appointments throughout their academic career. Students will always be notified of these appointments via their UNH student email.

To review the required appointment timelines for first-year and transfer students, please visit our “Academic Advising Appointments” page and scroll down to the bottom.


To read about the difference between a faculty and professional advisor, please click here.

Advising is available for UNH students, alumni, and post baccalaureates pursuing health professional careers. The Pre-Health Advising Office provides support throughout the process of preparing for health professions school from advising on the courses they should take to helping navigate through the complex steps of the application process.

Academic Terms & Technology



Academic Plan

Students work with their professional advisor to create an Academic Plan, outlining remaining requirements in a semester-by-semester timeline.


If a course has a listed corequisite, that means that students must enroll in both of the courses. Many science lectures will have a corequisite lab.


Course Reference Numbers are the codes attached to each section of a course. Students need the course reference number to register for a particular class.

Degree Works

Degree Works is a degree evaluation and audit tool that allows students to view progress toward their degree completion by displaying completed, in progress, and outstanding requirements.


Click here to learn more about Degree Works .

Discovery Program

UNH’s general education requirements. All students must complete one course in each Discovery category but the time the graduate.

Faculty Advisor

Faculty Advisors work with students in their specific degree program. Faculty are experts in their field and are a great resource for building your professional network.


myCourses is an online connection to classes. Instructors often use myCourses to post their syllabi, have students submit assignments, participate in discussion posts, and keep track of grades.  


myUNH is a portal to all other UNH webpages, online tools, and resources for students, faculty, and staff. 


myWildcatSuccess is the online scheduling and record-keeping platform for advising. 


Some courses may have a prerequisite. This means that students must successfully complete the listed prerequisite before taking the more advanced course.


Example: To take PSYC 502: Research Methods, students must first successfully complete PSYC 401: Introduction to Psychology and PSYC 402: Statistics in Psychology, because they are listed as prerequisites for Research Methods.

Professional Advisor

Professional Advisors work with Homeland Security, Undeclared, and General Studies students, but are an excellent resource for all students. All students will have mandatory appointments with a professional advisor at some point in their academic career.


A Registration Access Code is needed for degree students to register for courses. RACs are unique to each student and change each semester. Students must meet with their assigned advisor for course selection in order to receive their RAC.  

Senior Year Plan

Professional Advisors create Senior Year Plans with students in their junior year. Through this process, the advisor helps the student review their degree progress, outstanding requirements, discuss course sequencing, and review the steps required to graduate. This process has replaced the graduation audit. 


Webcat is an online administrative tool. Students use Webcat to register for classes, find their advisor, view their transcript, and pay their bills.