Registrar's Office

The UNH Manchester Registrar’s Office proudly serves students, faculty, staff and alumni. Our office is your resource for course registration, academic records, graduation, room scheduling and academic support.


Office of the Registrar
Student Services Suite, 405B
Phone: (603) 641-4136
Fax: (603) 641-4125

Course catalog Course schedule

How to register

Current undergraduate students

Step 1: Schedule an appointment with your advisor.

Step 2: Complete your advising sheet with Registration Access Code (RAC).

  • Complete your advising & registration worksheet with your advisor and their signature.
  • Obtain your Registration Access Code (RAC) from your advisor to register online or in-person (this six-digit number changes each semester).

Step 3: Register online through WebCat

Step 4: Tuition bill.

  • Check WebCat for fall electronic tuition bills by mid-July and spring tuition bills by mid-December.
  • See The Business Office for more details on deadlines and fees.
New degree students

Newly admitted first-year and transfer students will meet with professional advisors at First Year Orientation or Transfer Advising Day. During this mandatory event, you will meet your advisor, learn about your degree requirements, review transfer credits, and register for courses. To learn more about this event and register, please visit the Accepted Students page.

New students will not be able to register for classes until they attend First-Year Orientation or Transfer Advising Day session. Students who do not attend this event will be contacted closer to the start of the semester regarding advising and registration for courses.

Current undergraduate degree students
  • January 2020 term courses available in The Course Schedule on October 9th
  • January term registration begins October 21st in WebCat. No Registration Access Code (RAC) needed.

Registrations are accepted through any of the following methods. Please contact The Business Office for questions.

  • Online: Students can register for courses through WebCat (for instructions see “How to Register through WebCat”).
  • In-person: You may register in person at the Registrar's Office, Student Services Suite, 4th floor, 88 Commercial Street, Manchester, NH.

Or download and print the Add/Drop Form and return it:

  • By email:
  • By mail: Registration Office at UNH Manchester88 Commercial Street Manchester, NH 03101
  • By fax: (603) 641-4125

Learn more about:

WebCat is available 24 hours a day, Monday – Saturday for current students or students who have taken UNH courses in the past. WebCat can be used for registration, transcript requests, final grades, and student/faculty resources.

  1. Login to Webcat (login assistance 603-862-4242)
  2. Select Registration
  3. Select Add/Drop Courses
  4. Select Term (ex: Fall 2019) and Submit
  5. Enter RAC (if applicable)
  6. Enter CRNs (the five-digit course reference number) for the courses or select Class Search to find open courses
    Note: When searching for classes, if there is a number in the RESV column, the section is open.
  7. Select Submit Changes
  8. Message appears notifying if registration was successful or errors occurred.
  9. Select Complete when finished.
  10. For a printed schedule; choose Printable Schedule.
    Type in the date for the first full week of classes.

*For errors such as “level restriction” please contact the UNH Manchester Registration Office at 603-641-4136.

Are you in pursuit of professional advancement, a personal goal, a career change, applying to graduate school, or fulfilling your love of learning?

UNH Manchester offers classes to help you achieve the success you desire. Credit courses may be applied toward a future degree program.  If you haven't been admitted to a UNH Manchester degree program, you would be considered a continuing education or non-degree student. Continuing education or non-degree students are limited to register for no more than 11 credits (usually two four-credit courses).

The eligibility requirements for enrolling in credit-bearing courses include:

  • A high school diploma or equivalent.
  • Demonstrated successful academic performance.
  • Successful completion of all course prerequisites.
  • Not currently under disciplinary sanctions from UNH/UNH Manchester, another college or university, or court-ordered probation or other sanctions.

*The University reserves the right to restrict registration to those who can demonstrate the completion of the above requirements and to bar registration or withdraw a student who upon request fails to provide proper documentation or who demonstrates unacceptable performance once enrolled.

Audit Privileges

Granted at the discretion of the instructor on a space-available basis, non-matriculated students may audit credit courses at the rate of $100 per credit plus the mandatory semester fees and any other required course fees.

Registrations for audit classes are accepted only after classes begin, with a signed authorization from the instructor. Students who register for a course before classes begin and change to audit after classes begin are not eligible for the $100 per credit rate.

Senior Citizens

New Hampshire residents who are age 65 or older and are not enrolled in a degree program are eligible to take a maximum of two credit-bearing courses* per academic year, tuition-free. Students are responsible for all other costs of attendance, including fees.

Prospective students who will be age 65 or older as of the first day of the semester, summer session or term in which they wish to take a course can register on the first day of class on a space-available basis and must provide proof of age and New Hampshire residency. Waivers will only be granted at the time of registration (not retroactively). Non-credit courses, workshops, etc., are not covered by this tuition waiver.


* Certain credit-bearing courses offered at UNH but administered by other institutions, such as New Hampshire Institute of Art, Isles of Shoals and Library Science courses, are not covered by the tuition waiver.

Full-Time Special Status

In order to take 12 or more credits as a non-degree student, you must petition for Full-Time Special Status through the Office of Admissions.

For more information please contact the Admissions Office at 603-641-4150.

Registrations are accepted through any of the following methods. Payment is expected at the time of registration. Please contact The Business Office for billing information.

  • Email: Download or print the registration form and complete all items. If you do not know your UNH ID number, see Find Your ID Number. Email your completed form to
  • In-person: Register in person at the Registration Office at 88 Commercial Street, fourth floor. The office is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
  • Fax: You may submit your registration via fax to (603) 641-4125
  • MailUNH Manchester Registration Office88 Commercial Street Manchester, NH 03101
  • OnlineOnline registration is not available to first-time registrants. New students must initially register by email, mail, fax, or in person. Individuals with a MyUNH account may register for classes online through WebCat (for instructions see “How to Register through WebCat). If you have forgotten your username or password, please visit the login help tab or call the UNH IT Help Desk at (603) 862-4242.

Graduate students should register for classes through the Graduate School.

Any student of the University may, with the approval of his/her advisor and the continuing consent of the instructor, audit courses at the University.

  • The deadline for designating a registered course to audit is the 5th Friday of the fall/spring semesters or the last day to drop without academic liability in summer sessions.
  • The instructor will determine requirements for attendance, participation, and any written work.
  • Audits appear on the academic record with a grade notation of ‘AU’; no credits are earned.
  • Students who do not meet the criteria set by the instructor will be dropped from the course.
  • Tuition varies for audit courses; see Business Office (link) for details.

Non-degree Students

  • Granted at the discretion of the instructor on a space available basis, non-matriculated students may audit credit courses at the rate of $100 per credit plus the mandatory semester fees and any other required course fees.
  • Registrations for audit classes are accepted only after classes begin, with a signed Registration Form from the instructor.
  • Students who register for a course before classes begin and change to audit after classes begin are not eligible for the $100 per credit rate.

Contact the Registration Office for more information at 603-641-4136.


General information

Add or Drop a course via WebCat through the 2nd Tuesday of classes at 4:30pm. After this deadline adding and dropping a course is processed by completing an Add/Drop Form.

Deadlines are posted in the Academic Calendar.

Changes to course registrations after the deadlines, in most cases, must be petitioned through Academic Advising. Petition forms can be obtained from Academic Advising.

The Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act of 1974 (“Buckley Amendment”) was designed to establish the rights of students, to inspect and review their education records, prevent the release of educational records to third parties without permission of the student, and to provide guidelines for the correction of inaccurate or misleading data through formal and informal hearings. Students also have the right to file complaints with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act office (FERPA) concerning alleged failures by the institution to comply with the Act. The University System Policy to FERPA may be found in the Students Rights and Rules published each fall by the University.

One part of the Act allows "directory" information to be made available to third parties without requiring permission of the student. At UNH, directory information consists of:

  •     Students name, address, telephone number and email address
  •     Major field of study
  •     Participation in officially recognized sports or activities
  •     Weight and height of members of athletic teams
  •     Dates of attendance
  •     Degrees and awards received
  •     Most recent previous educational institution or agency attended by the student
  •     Class
  •     Honors

If you would like give authorized access to your UNH financial and/or academic student records, you must complete a FERPA Waiver Release Form.


Any student not subject to academic or conduct action may take a temporary leave of absence from UNH. Students interested in taking a leave of absence may email the Registration Office.

Students who would like to be advised on their decision may contact the Academic Advising Office. Students taking a leave for health reasons should contact Health and Wellness in Durham.

A leave of absence may impact student loan deferment and/or loan repayment. Remember to contact the Financial Aid Office to discuss your financial aid status.

A student will not be granted transfer credit for academic work taken during the Leave of Absence. Students who wish to attend another institution or otherwise do not wish to continue their education at UNH should withdraw.


Students returning from a leave of absence must complete a Return from Leave of Absence Form by June 1 if returning for a Fall semester or by November 1 if returning for a Spring semester. Completed forms should be returned to the UNH Manchester Registration Office.

Students will be reinstated into the same major at the point of their leave’s start. Normally, leaves of absence may not exceed six consecutive semesters, exclusive of January Term and Summer Session. Exceptions to the leave of absence policy will be granted by the University Academic Standards and Advising Committee and only in unusual circumstances.

If students wish to be admitted into a different major when returning from a leave must apply for readmission through the Admissions Office.

Students who took a leave of absence for health reasons must contact Health and Wellness in Durham.


Students who do not wish to return to UNH Manchester may withdraw. Students who wish to withdraw can meet with the Director of Academic Advising. Students withdrawing for health reasons should contact Health and Wellness in Durham.

Please contact the Registration Office to complete a withdrawal form.

Financial Aid and/or Business Office staff are available for assistance with financial circumstances and provide information about the financial consequences of withdrawing.

More information

Under the Student Exchange Program of the New Hampshire College and University Council, UNH Manchester students may be eligible to enroll for one course per semester, one semester of courses, or a full year of coursework at a member school on a space-available basis. The NHCUC exchange allows matriculating undergraduates to use educational resources that are not available at the home campus and are considered appropriate for their degree programs. This exchange will be used only when academic reasons or other special circumstances warrant it. Schools in the NHCUC consortium include:

Colby-Sawyer College, Franklin Pierce University, Granite State College, Keene State College, New England College, New Hampshire Institute of Art, Plymouth State University, Rivier University, St. Anselm College, Southern New Hampshire University, University of New Hampshire, and University of New Hampshire at Manchester.

Students will remain as degree candidates and continue to pay normal UNH tuition and fees, but must make their own room and board arrangements if they plan to spend a full semester at another consortium school. For more information and application forms, students should contact the UNH Manchester Associate Registrar at (603) 641-4164 or

The following staff have the authority and have expressed a willingness to notarize documents for students and other members of the university community at no charge.  

Please email in advance to arrange a mutually convenient time to meet.   

Deborah Bisson-Devost
641-4150 or 641-4171

Jennifer Hashem
Business Office

Doreen Palmer, Associate Registrar
Registration Office

Jenn Salazar
Deans Office

Jane Schoenfeld

Students can authorize anyone, including parents, family members or friends, to access their UNH billing and payment information, final grades and financial aid. Students are completely in charge of who has access, and can change that access at any time.

The following six steps are all you need to do to set up access to the Parent Portal for your parents and/or others:

  1. Go to
  2. Click  WEBCAT
  3. Log in with UNH username and password if not already logged in
  4. Click Parent Portal tab
  5. Click Add/Manage Users
  6. Follow the on-screen directions

You’ll receive an email confirming the account and so will the person you authorized to view your information.


  • An OFFICIAL transcript is printed on security paper, bears the signature of the Registrar and the University seal. It may be sent to whomever you wish.
  • An ELECTRONIC transcript is an official UNH transcript sent electronically through a secure server. An email notification is sent to the recipient with specific instructions for retrieving the transcript. This is the quickest way to send a transcript or to obtain a copy for yourself. This service is available only for students who have attended since 1989.

Request a transcript