Accounting Public Pathways Program
We have partnered with NHTI to offer a Pathways Program that allows you to seamlessly transfer to UNH Manchester. This curriculum map will help you turn your A.S. in Accounting into a B.A. in Business/Accounting Option at UNH Manchester.
|Students take these courses at NHTI...||To fulfill these UNH degree requirements...|
|ACCT 101 – Accounting I ||Elective credit|
|BUS 170 – Principles of Marketing||Elective credit|
|ENGL 101 – English Composition||Discovery writing skills course|
|IST 102 – PC Applications||BUS 405 - Introduction to Business Computer Applications|
|MATH 124 – College Algebra or higher-level Math||No transfer credit or Elective credit|
|ACCT 102 – Accounting II ||BUS 532 – Introduction to Financial Accounting|
|ENGL 285 – Literature, Technology and Culture||Discovery environment, technology and society course|
|IST 200 – Spreadsheets||Elective credit|
|MATH 125 – Finite Mathematics||MATH 420 – Finite Mathematics*|
|Discovery-approved science elective||Discovery biological or physical science course|
|ACCT 205 – Intermediate Accounting I||BUS 603 – Intermediate Financial Accounting I|
|ACCT 250 – Cost Accounting||BUS 553 – Introduction to Managerial Accounting|
|BUS 225 – Business Law I||Elective credit|
|BUS 270 – Principles of Management||Elective credit|
|ACCT 206 – Intermediate Accounting II||BUS 615 – Intermediate Financial Accounting II|
|ACCT 230 – Taxes||BUS 535 – Federal Taxation|
|ECON 101 – Macroeconomics or ECON 102 – Microeconomics||ECN 411 – Introduction to Macroeconomic Principles or ECN 412 – Introduction to Microeconomic Principles|
|Discovery-approved humanities/fine arts elective||Discovery humanities or fine and performing arts course|
NOTE: Download the list of NHTI courses that fulfill the requirements for UNH’s Discovery Program at manchester.unh.edu/pathways in the NHTI accordion under “General Education.”
*Fulfills the Discovery quantitative reasoning course requirement
- Major credit when paired with ACCT 102 for BUS 532. Students must earn a grade of C or better in both ACCT 101 and ACCT 102 to earn credit for BUS 532
Course titles, names and/or sequencing are subject to change.
If you are enrolled in the NH Dual Admissions Program and/or plan to finish your associate degree at NHTI, complete the following requirements at UNH Manchester to receive your bachelor's degree.
Major Course Requirements:
- ENGL 595 – Literary Topics (Business Communication)
- BUS 430 – Introduction to Business Statistics
- BUS 675 – Special Topics in Business Administration (Microsoft Business Applications)
- ECN 411 – Introduction to Macroeconomic Principles or ECN 412 – Introduction to Microeconomic Principles
- BUS 601 – Financial Management
- BUS 610 – Marketing Principles and Applications
- BUS 620 – Organizational Behavior
- BUS 690 – Business Program Internship or BUS 691 – VITA Internship
- BUS 720 – Auditing
- BUS 629 – Advanced Managerial Accounting
- BUS 715 – Forensic Accounting or BUS 725 – Financial Statement Analysis
- BUS 705 – Business Ethics
- BUS 750 – Business Internship Seminar or BUS 760 – Applied Senior Project Senior Seminar
Select one of the following:
- COMP 405 – Introduction to Internet and Web Authoring C
- COMP 415 – Mobile Computing First and For Most
- COMP 425 – Introduction to Programming
- COMP 430 – Systems Fundamentals
Remaining Discovery Program Course Requirements:
- Discovery biological OR physical science course
- Discovery historical perspectives course
- Discovery world cultures course
Discovery humanities or fine and performing arts course
- Discovery social science course
University Degree Requirements:
- Elective courses to fill remainder of credits required for bachelor’s degree (128 total)
- University writing requirement*
- Two semesters of an introductory foreign language**
* Bachelor degree candidates are required to complete four writing-intensive courses, whichmust include: English 401 – First Year Writing (or equivalent transfer English composition course) and three additional writing-intensive courses, one in the student’s major and one at the 600-level or above.
** Students can fulfill the foreign language requirement by: A) Completing one full year of introductory-level courses in any foreign language, including American Sign Language, as long as they did not study the language for 2 or more years in high school, or B) Completing one semester of an intermediate- or advanced-level foreign language course.
Please also note:
- UNH Manchester accepts a maximum of 72 credits in transfer from 2-year institutions. Only courses completed with a grade of C or better will be accepted as transfer credits.
- Students must earn a minimum overall grade point average of 2.50 at NHTI to be eligible for dual enrollment at UNH Manchester.
- Course titles, names and/or sequencing are subject to change.